onsdag 24. september 2008

et sitat for enhver anledning

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.

- Albert Einstein


I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting.

- Mark Twain


I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.

- Shakespeare


The gods too are fond of a joke.

We are what we repeatedly do.

- Aristoteles


It is never too late to give up your prejudices.

Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.

- Henry David Thoreau


Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.

- Friedrich Nietzsche


You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.

- Irsk ordtak


Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

- Sir Winston Churchill


Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

- Franklin P. Jones


Music makes one feel so romantic - at least it always gets on one's nerves - which is the same thing nowadays.

A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her.

I am not young enough to know everything.

It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

- Oscar Wilde


Disse sitatene er alle mer eller mindre sanne for mitt liv. stort eller smått. og endelig fant jeg ut hvem som hadde sagt det om grisen. churchill var ikke så dum.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar